Mayo: 36 out of 38 planned miles. Felt good, but the week-long heat was pretty oppressive. Had some weekend shuffling of the runs in order to better manage the heat in terms of the long run. Felt decent but my pace slowed considerably from last week due to the mileage and the warmth.
- Tuesday: 6 miles (9:31 pace). Dead legs, but slogged through the 6.
- Wednesday: 4 miles (9:32 pace). Had five miles planned but didn't get out until noon, which isn't a smart time to run without shade. Cut it short, as it was pretty hot.
- Thursday: 6 miles (8:55 pace). Best run of the week, which isn't saying a ton but considering the humidity and heat, it's not so bad.
- Saturday: 4 miles (9:23 pace). Horrible. Got out at 6 am to try and beat the heat, realized that the heat woke up far before I did. Turned around after two miles, sad and defeated. Took a nap on the couch because it was an exhausting four miles.
- Sunday: 16 miles (10:57 pace). Not my fastest run, but was a damned good one. Headed out at 5 am in 87 degree heat (with a 72 degree dew point) and it never really varied from that, though the sun came up around 5:45. Saw a few folks staggering home from the bars, some beautiful clouds at sunrise, and walked a number of times. Like I said, not my fastest run -- but one I'm really happy about.
Next week: 5/3/5/14/5. A reined-in week after building up for four or five weeks in a row.