Another week of horrid humidity, finally breaking here in DC in Sunday. How'd the week's training go for y'all?
31 out of 35 planned miles. Last weekend's house painting and family in town left me absolutely exhausted this week. Cut one run out, struggled pretty mightily with some of the others. To have that much difficulty and still be over 30 miles is something I'll take.
- Tuesday: Slept in, no run.
- Wednesday: 4 miles (8:50 pace). Hoped to make up some of the lost Tuesday miles but it was pretty clear early on that wasn't going to happen.
- Thursday: 6 miles (9:10 pace). Dead-legged early morning run.
- Saturday: 7 miles (10:01 pace). Went out to run 16, felt awful so I cut it down to 7. Legs never responded well at all.
- Sunday: 14 miles (10:20 pace). Met up with an old training partner for a few miles, and checked out a riverwalk trail that I haven't ventured down before. Absolutely beautiful morning.
Next week: 9/5/7/24/5. Moving on Saturday, which is going to throw a big old wrench into the works. Hoping to shift runs around a little bit and get the bulk of the miles in. Shout out to stress.