Video via Dave Erickson at the Team Timex Blog.
Over the weekend, I was a guest of the Timex Multisport Team's annual training camp, held in the New York Giants' practice facility in New Jersey. Though, "training camp" is perhaps not entirely accurate -- it was really more of a chance for the athletes to reconnect, meet with sponsors and collect their gear for another season. Perhaps just as important, they received their new watched for training, the Timex Ironman Run Trainer 2.0 GPS.
The watch is set for a release in March, with numerous improvements and upgrades over the 1.0 version, including a smaller case size, easier to navigate menu-based system and vibrating alerts. But for me, the most noticeable -- and very welcomed -- improvement is the easier-to-read screen. Although I enjoy my Run Trainer 1.0, trying to quickly glance down and read four lines of text while running is difficult (especially at night). And more often that not, I found that in the sunlight the watch had to be at just the right angle so I could actually see the display. Fortunately, the new "crisp, high resolution display" makes those problems obsolete, and even offers the option of black or white text.
Timex Ironman Run Trainer 2.0 Complete Features:
- › Smaller watch with high-resolution, reversible display
- › Real-time distance, pace, speed, heart rate and more
- › Quick and reliable signal with SiRFstarIVTM technology
- › 15-Workout memory with dated summary
- › Free access to online training log
- › Desktop device agent allows for easy changes to watch and performance settings
- › 100-Lap chronograph with customizable 2- or 3-line display
- › Hands-free chronograph operation based on distance and time
- › Pace, speed, and distance vibrating/audible alerts keep your training on-track
- › Hydration and nutrition alerts remind athletes to replenish at regular intervals
- › Interval timer with segments based on time or distance
- › Customizable alarm with backup
- › Rechargeable Li-Ion battery with 8-hour life in full GPS mode
- › Compatible with ANT+TM sensors for heart rate and foot pod data
- › Watch WR to 50m (GPS and ANT+TM features not available underwater)
- › INDIGLO® night-light with NIGHT-MODE® feature and Constant-On options