Let's hear everyone's training for last week in the comments. Here's what the SN editors ran.
Mayo: 17 miles total; not a particularly good week for me due to general malaise. After planning 25, I skipped two runs and cut my long run short on Sunday.
- 5 mi: 8:32 pace, approached as a recovery run after last Sunday's ten-miler. Nice and early, fairly nondescript.
- 5 mi: 8:43 pace, with two walk breaks. Spent most of the run dealing with the sort of early morning sugar-low that somehow manages to manifest itself in both the stomach and lungs. Not bad, but could have been better.
- 7 mi: 8:54 pace, slow due to a lot of ice on the ground. Had planned 10, but the combination of ice on the ground and my right foot falling asleep after 5 miles cut this one short.
Next week's plan: 3/5/3/5/8
- Monday: 3.14 miles along the water in Charleston
- Tuesday: 4 miles back at home in DC (a 35-minute tempo run: 5 min warm-up, 10 mins at ~ 7:45 pace, 10 min easy; 8:45 pace overall)
- Wednesday: 1900m for muscular endurance swim in the pool
- Friday: 3-mile pace run
- Saturday: 7-mile run (8:49 pace), which is the longest I have run since, I think, September. And it felt great (once I warmed up -- forgot how cold 30 degrees really is).
- Sunday: Did 30 minutes on my bike indoors (which is around eight miles, but I don't have a fancy bike computer, so, not 100 percent on that), followed by some light strength training and stretching
- Monday: A 10K with 1,200 feet of ascent, about half on a gravel fire road and paved paths and half on dirt single-track.
- Saturday: Seven miles with about 800 feet of ascent. Skipped the single-track due to late week rain, but still rambled up the hill and did some extra work in the flats.
- Sunday: 9 flat miles in the steady rain.