Here's what we ran this week. We care about you and would like to know what you ran so please share won't you?
Mayo: 31.5 total. First thirty-mile week since April of 2k11. Really happy with the result, though my calf is starting to voice resistance to the uptick in miles.
- Tuesday: 6 miles (8:27 pace). Felt sluggish but legs responded well after a few miles.
- Wednesday: 3 miles (7:42 pace). Took it up a notch at the end, ran a 7:15 last mile. Not quite back into sub-7s yet, but I felt surprisingly comfortable during the push.
- Thursday: 5 miles (8:37 pace). Hovered over the snooze button for a bit, but decided to stay up and get out. Waking up at 5:25 three days in a row can have that effect.
- Saturday: 4 miles (8:20 pace). Moved along well until the final mile, when my calf really started aching. Hope this isn't 'foreshadowing'.
- Sunday: 13.5 miles (9:18 pace). A few walk stops, and a slowed last few miles due to my training partner bonking pretty hard. Even cutting short a bit, this was a really good, comfortable run -- there were a few miles in the middle that we ran at a consistent sub-8 pace.
kleph: a mid-week bout with "flu like symptoms" put a hammer on my totals but, overall, it turned out to be a reasonable week. total mileage was 16.57 miles, a bit of a step back from last week, but the average overall pace was 8:38 which was a half minute better. we'll see what happens in the next seven days.
- Monday: 4.37 miles. Pretty tough track effort. A 1600 at 10K pace or so then down the ladder with 3 minutes rest between runs (800, 400, 300, 200, 100). The distance speed isn't there but I'm doing decent on the shorter distances, which is a good sign. A mile warmup and cooldown.
- Friday: 4.19 miles, 8:37 pace. My easy run after two days lying in bed feeling like warmed over death that wasn't that warm anymore. Better than I expected.
- Saturday: 8 miles, 8:55 pace. A horrible effort that looked a lot better when it was over than I expected. Sometime you go out and have great runs and sometimes... you don't. This was one of the latter.
Hudson: 18 miles covered this week -- the longest (running) output I've put in since, I think, sometime in 2010. Skipped this week's bike workout, but otherwise a good five days.
- Monday: 1500 yards in the pool; 500 warmup followed by 10x100 at about a 1:45 pace.
- Tuesday: Celebrated Valentine's Day with a 4.5-mile tempo run; 15 minutes easy, 15 minutes at ~8 minute pace, then ending with eight minutes easy.
- Wednesday: Back in the pool for a 1400-yard force workout
- Friday: Nice and simple 4-mile pace run (8:39)
- Saturday: 10 miles at an 8:53 pace. As is the case every distance run now, this is the longest run I've had since the half-marathon part of my triathlon from September. The time was a little slower than I'm hoping for in next month's race, but, it was faster than last week's nine-mile run, and that's encouraging.
- Tuesday: 4.5 mile run through Arlington. Longest run in a few weeks.
- Wednesday: 3 mile run, focusing on my sore legs and giving them a chance to pace through (and build endurance).
- Friday: 4.15 run, sore legs and like I said, all I want is to get more mileage in.
- Saturday: 3 mile run again.
- Sunday: Played football with one of my roommates, running routes and throwing the ball for about an hour. Finished that off with a 2.5 mile run. All in all, a good week.