Let's hear everyone's training for last week in the comments. Here's what the SN editors ran.
Mayo: 14 total. Had a great start to the week, only to have weekend training derailed by a dinner party.
- Tuesday: 6 miles (7:58 pace). Pushed a bit, only had to stop at a traffic light once. Felt good to get 6 miles in, as I haven't run this particular distance in a long while.
- Wednesday: 3 miles (8:43 pace). Short, quick, felt pretty fresh even after Tuesday's 6.
- Thursday: 5 miles (8:43 pace). Had to stop and walk twice, but felt pretty good.
- Saturday: missed run due to cooking all day for a dinner party Saturday evening.
- Sunday: missed run due to previous night.
Next week: 3/6/4/2/10
kleph: a total of 18 miles this week with my longest run of the year on saturday. even with a bit of unexpected soreness afterward, i'm planning on upping the intensity a bit this next week and doing some real speed and elevation.
- Monday: 4 miles, 8:07 pace. Pushed it the whole way and was happily surprised at the result.
- Wednesday: 4 miles, 9:01 pace. Wanted a solid but not exhaustive effort. Got it.
- Wednesday: 2 miles, 9:22 pace. Running with my buddy to keep him on the training track.
- Saturday: 8 miles, 8:57 pace. Two days off so decided to go the distance and got the pace as well.
Ziller: Short week as I didn't run a lick from Monday-Friday, but did get a couple of late night hours on the stationary bike. Went 7 on Saturday and 9 more on Sunday. Hope to ring off a 13 next Sunday (which was the plan for this week). Seven weeks until I begin my 16-week marathon training plan for S.F.
Hudson: Recovery week for me, so things were pretty light -- just 10.5 miles of running, with a couple of off days -- which actually came at a great time, considering I was battling a head cold. This next week things get back to normal, with a 9-mile run come Saturday.
- Tuesday: 40-minute tempo run (15-min easy pace, follow by 15 mins ~8 min pace, 10 mins easy pace)
- Wednesday: 1500-yard strength workout in the pool
- Friday: Was going to ride the bike, but then Hopslam was on tap near my house, so ...
- Saturday: 6 mile run (8:38 pace); was tired (see above), but felt good throughout
- Sunday: 50 minutes on my bike indoors