40% of Stride Nation writers ran a race this past weekend. How was your training?
Mayo: Good week, capped by a race on Sunday. Warm weather is messing with me a bit though -- I'm not ready for it yet.
- Tuesday: 7 miles (8:53 pace). Love seeing the Georgetown rowers back out on the Potomac.
- Wednesday: 4 miles. (8:39 pace).
- Thursday: 6 miles (8:23 pace). Felt surprisingly strong given the relatively high mileage during the week.
- Saturday: 5 miles (8:19 pace). Humid, hazy, but a good tune-up.
- Sunday: 13.1 in Carolina. Will fill in the deets later this week.
kleph: a total of just more than 22 miles at an average pace of 8:41. a solid effort and the first time this year i was able to put in two 20+ mile weeks consecutively. the current training goal is hitting that mark with consistency until i get my conditioning back to the point i'm ready to undertake the abuse of formal marathon training.
- Monday: 4 miles, 9:22 pace. recovery run. all systems nominal after my ridiculous race up south mountain last week.
- Wednesday: 4 miles, 33:12. i've moved my speed work to mid-week to try and keep from doing two hard workouts consecutively. i wanted to get three mile intervals in but had to make do with two in the 7-minute range. lordy how i hate speed workouts.
- Thursday: 6 miles, 8:10 pace. the foundation of my marathon training is usually the goal pace runs during the week. i'm nowhere near close to my target pace but i'm gonna start doing these efforts with the goal of getting closer to it. the middle four miles were sub 8 minutes so that'll do for now.
- Saturday: 8 miles, 8:57 pace. this was a good run but i was a little disappointed when i realized it was at almost the identical time i did this distance at a month ago. sure i didn't struggle as much but i was hoping to have seen a bit of improvement speed-wise.