The Olympic Trials are going on right now, so it's not like we don't have a fresh dose of inspiration. How was your training (or injury recovery) last week?
Mayo: 32 out of 34 planned miles.
- Tuesday: 6 miles (8:13 pace). Decent recovery run after the previous week. Last run before the heat really dug in.
- Wednesday: 5 miles (8:15 pace). One stop at a crosswalk slowed down an otherwise speedy five miles. Really, really humid and hot (85 ºF at 6 AM), but I didn't get too drained by the heat.
- Wednesday: 1.75 miles (11:25 pace). A run/walk with a coworker who is starting to work out. Ran a bit harder than I should have on the run intervals, but felt pretty good following the morning run.
- Friday: 3 miles (9:35 pace). Really dead legs following the double on Wednesday.
- Saturday: 11 miles (10:42 pace). High heat, no break from the sun. Got out the door at 9:30 AM, which was nowhere near early enough to avoid the sun. Planned 12, cut it a bit short to avoid overheating. Though it wasn't a great run, I'm pretty happy that I got the miles in and kept pushing forward rather than taking the train.
- Sunday: 5 miles (8:42 pace). Really sunny, but the heat wasn't totally overbearing. If I'd run more than five miles the sun may have ended up being a bit much.
Next week: 6/5/6/14/5.