Over seven hours of training for me this week, capped off by a 2-hour bike ride (with a 15-minute brick run), a swim clinic and eight miles of running in about a 20-hour period. Sunday's afternoon beers, pizza and nap was well-earned, I say.
- Monday: 1600-yard swim
- Tuesday: 50 minutes on the bike trainer, followed by a quick 10-minute brick run
- Wednesday: 6-mile run (8:17 pace)
- Thursday: 45-minutes on the bike trainer -- one-legged drills (ouch)
- Friday: 1900-yard swim
- Saturday: 2-hours on the bike trainers, followed by a quick 15-minute brick run
- Sunday: Swim clinic (spent about an hour in the pool ... probably swam an easy 1300 yards or so), followed by a 70-minute run (8 miles; 8:44 pace ... had to do a little bit of walking).
Weekly Totals: 3500 yards swimming, 3:35 hours cycling, 17.24 miles running
Year to Date: 21,834 yards swimming, 13:50 hours cycling, 84.78 miles running
Looking ahead: This week is a recovery week on my plan, so just about four hours of training scheduled, including the rare day off.
And here are some links I found interesting:
The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food - NYTimes.com
Inside the hyperengineered, savagely marketed, addiction-creating battle for American “stomach share.”
High School Stars Shine At Brooks PR Invitational
Many meet records fall at third annual indoor event.
Reminding myself about the nutrition wall…the hard way. | DC Rainmaker